China-Hong Kong Building Fire/Control
Hong Kong, China - Nov 27, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of fire engines in operation, keeping building fire under control, smoke; fire engines, firefighters
The blaze at Wang Fuk Court, a residential area in Tai Po of Hong Kong, had been largely brought under control by Thursday morning, with large-scale open flames extinguished but firefighting operation still ongoing.
Smoke continued to billow from the burnt buildings, where flames could still be seen in some rooms.
The fire, which broke out Wednesday afternoon, had left 44 people dead and 45 others injured by early Thursday morning. Three men have been arrested for suspected manslaughter, according to the Hong Kong Police Force.
According to the Fire Services Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government, the fire-extinguishing work is expected to last until Thursday evening.
HKSAR Chief Executive John Lee said the government has coordinated the forces of various departments including firefighting, medical care, and civil aid service to comprehensively carry out fire control and rescue, treatment of the injured and relief work.
So far, eight temporary shelters have been established in Tai Po. Nearly 200 people have been mobilized to provide all necessary support for fire-affected residents.
China-Hong Kong Building Fire/Control
Dateline : Nov 27, 2025
Location : China
Duration : 1'53
Hong Kong, China - Nov 27, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of fire engines in operation, keeping building fire under control, smoke; fire engines, firefighters
The blaze at Wang Fuk Court, a residential area in Tai Po of Hong Kong, had been largely brought under control by Thursday morning, with large-scale open flames extinguished but firefighting operation still ongoing.
Smoke continued to billow from the burnt buildings, where flames could still be seen in some rooms.
The fire, which broke out Wednesday afternoon, had left 44 people dead and 45 others injured by early Thursday morning. Three men have been arrested for suspected manslaughter, according to the Hong Kong Police Force.
According to the Fire Services Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government, the fire-extinguishing work is expected to last until Thursday evening.
HKSAR Chief Executive John Lee said the government has coordinated the forces of various departments including firefighting, medical care, and civil aid service to comprehensively carry out fire control and rescue, treatment of the injured and relief work.
So far, eight temporary shelters have been established in Tai Po. Nearly 200 people have been mobilized to provide all necessary support for fire-affected residents.
ID : 8454956
Published : 2025-11-27 11:57
Last Modified : 2025-11-27 17:34:50
Source : China Central Television (CCTV)
Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
More