China-Toddler Rescue/Kettle

Hapless toddler gets head stuck in kettle in central China

  • English

Shotlist


Furong District, Changsha City, Hunan Province, central China - Dec 31, 2019 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Firefighters checking toddler on with head stuck in kettle
2. Various of firefighters carefully cutting metal surface of kettle
3. Kettle being removed from boy's head; firefighters, family checking boy's condition

Storyline


Firefighters in central China rounded off the year with an unusual call-out on Tuesday as they helped free a hapless toddler who had gotten his head trapped inside a kettle in Changsha City of Hunan Province.

The curious boy had allegedly put his head into the kettle while playing at home in Shanmu Village of Changsha's Furong District, but was later unable to take off his new metal helmet.

With the kettle refusing to budge, the boy's concerned grandparents had no choice but to call emergency services for help as the situation reached boiling point shortly after 11:15.

As firefighters arrived at the scene, the boy's neck had already swollen up, with the pot well and truly stuck over his young head.

The rescuers went to work, cautiously deploying a set of tools to cut through the metal surface, and were able to free the stricken boy's head half an hour later.

Fortunately, after his bemusing ordeal, the boy only suffered minor scratches. It's hoped the youngster may use his head in a different way during playtime in the future.

DOWNLOAD
  • ID : 8131716
  • Published : 2020-01-04 19:04
  • Last Modified : 2020-01-04 19:09:15
  • Location : Hunan,China
  • Category : disaster and accident
  • Duration : 1'03
  • Audio Language : Nats
  • Source : China Central Television (CCTV)
  • Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
  • Version : 2

China-Toddler Rescue/Kettle

Hapless toddler gets head stuck in kettle in central China

Dateline : Dec 31, 2019

Location : Hunan,China

Duration : 1'03

  • English


Furong District, Changsha City, Hunan Province, central China - Dec 31, 2019 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Firefighters checking toddler on with head stuck in kettle
2. Various of firefighters carefully cutting metal surface of kettle
3. Kettle being removed from boy's head; firefighters, family checking boy's condition


Firefighters in central China rounded off the year with an unusual call-out on Tuesday as they helped free a hapless toddler who had gotten his head trapped inside a kettle in Changsha City of Hunan Province.

The curious boy had allegedly put his head into the kettle while playing at home in Shanmu Village of Changsha's Furong District, but was later unable to take off his new metal helmet.

With the kettle refusing to budge, the boy's concerned grandparents had no choice but to call emergency services for help as the situation reached boiling point shortly after 11:15.

As firefighters arrived at the scene, the boy's neck had already swollen up, with the pot well and truly stuck over his young head.

The rescuers went to work, cautiously deploying a set of tools to cut through the metal surface, and were able to free the stricken boy's head half an hour later.

Fortunately, after his bemusing ordeal, the boy only suffered minor scratches. It's hoped the youngster may use his head in a different way during playtime in the future.

ID : 8131716

Published : 2020-01-04 19:04

Last Modified : 2020-01-04 19:09:15

Source : China Central Television (CCTV)

Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland

More



Login
Username
Password
code
Sign In
OK