Gaza Strip-Death Toll/Update
Gaza Strip - Aug 4, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of wounded residents being sent to Al-Awda Hospital, patients being treated
Gaza City, Gaza Strip - Aug 6, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
2. Various of destroyed United Nations clinic, displaced Palestinians, rubble
Gaza Strip - Aug 9, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
3. Various of Gazans trekking to get food aid, traveling on trucks
Deir al-Balah, Gaza Strip - Aug 6, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
4. Various of vendors, goods for sale
Gaza City, Gaza Strip - Aug 9, 2025 (CCTN - No access Chinese mainland)
5. Various of bombed buildings, tents
6. Children sitting on rubble
The Palestinian death toll in the Gaza Strip has risen to 61,722, with 154,525 injured since the conflict between Hamas and Israel erupted in 2023, Gaza's health authorities said in a statement on Wednesday.
Over the past 24 hours, Israeli attacks on the enclave killed 123 people and wounded 437 others. Twenty-one people were killed and 185 others injured when attempting to get aid, according to the statement.
Also on Wednesday, Gaza-based health authorities reported eight more deaths from famine and malnutrition in the past 24 hours, including three children, bringing the total number of hunger-related deaths to 235, including 106 children.
Israel's military chief Eyal Zamir on Wednesday approved the main framework of a government plan to expand the offensive in Gaza to areas not yet under Israeli control.
The offensive will target refugee camps in central Gaza and the southern area of Al Mawasi, where most of Gaza's 2.2 million residents have taken shelter, according to a statement issued by the Israeli military.
The principles of the plan were approved in a meeting of security officials earlier on Wednesday, the statement said, adding that "the central concept for the plan for the next stages in the Gaza Strip was presented and approved, in accordance with the directive of the political echelon."
Zamir's approval came three days after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he had ordered the military to enter the "decisive stage" of the Gaza war, aimed at seizing the remaining Hamas strongholds in Gaza City, refugee camps in central Gaza, and the southern area of Al Mawasi. The order, issued while Gaza is suffering a worsening humanitarian crisis, has been widely condemned internationally.
Meanwhile, Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa'ar told a press briefing on Wednesday that Israel rejects a two-state solution and "will not allow" the establishment of a Palestinian state.
Gaza Strip-Death Toll/Update
Dateline : Aug 13, 2025/Recent
Location : Gaza Strip
Duration : 1'19
Gaza Strip - Aug 4, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of wounded residents being sent to Al-Awda Hospital, patients being treated
Gaza City, Gaza Strip - Aug 6, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
2. Various of destroyed United Nations clinic, displaced Palestinians, rubble
Gaza Strip - Aug 9, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
3. Various of Gazans trekking to get food aid, traveling on trucks
Deir al-Balah, Gaza Strip - Aug 6, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
4. Various of vendors, goods for sale
Gaza City, Gaza Strip - Aug 9, 2025 (CCTN - No access Chinese mainland)
5. Various of bombed buildings, tents
6. Children sitting on rubble
The Palestinian death toll in the Gaza Strip has risen to 61,722, with 154,525 injured since the conflict between Hamas and Israel erupted in 2023, Gaza's health authorities said in a statement on Wednesday.
Over the past 24 hours, Israeli attacks on the enclave killed 123 people and wounded 437 others. Twenty-one people were killed and 185 others injured when attempting to get aid, according to the statement.
Also on Wednesday, Gaza-based health authorities reported eight more deaths from famine and malnutrition in the past 24 hours, including three children, bringing the total number of hunger-related deaths to 235, including 106 children.
Israel's military chief Eyal Zamir on Wednesday approved the main framework of a government plan to expand the offensive in Gaza to areas not yet under Israeli control.
The offensive will target refugee camps in central Gaza and the southern area of Al Mawasi, where most of Gaza's 2.2 million residents have taken shelter, according to a statement issued by the Israeli military.
The principles of the plan were approved in a meeting of security officials earlier on Wednesday, the statement said, adding that "the central concept for the plan for the next stages in the Gaza Strip was presented and approved, in accordance with the directive of the political echelon."
Zamir's approval came three days after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he had ordered the military to enter the "decisive stage" of the Gaza war, aimed at seizing the remaining Hamas strongholds in Gaza City, refugee camps in central Gaza, and the southern area of Al Mawasi. The order, issued while Gaza is suffering a worsening humanitarian crisis, has been widely condemned internationally.
Meanwhile, Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa'ar told a press briefing on Wednesday that Israel rejects a two-state solution and "will not allow" the establishment of a Palestinian state.
ID : 8440739
Published : 2025-08-14 04:02
Last Modified : 2025-08-14 16:25:52
Source : China Central Television (CCTV),China Global Television Network (CGTN)
Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
More