USA/Venezuela-Airspace
Beijing, China - Nov 30, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Screenshot of U.S. President Donald Trump's social media post declaring Venezuela's airspace to be entirely closed
2. Screenshot of statement by Venezuela's Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Trump's statements
3. Screenshot of social media post of Venezuela's Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez denouncing Trump's remarks
FILE: Washington D.C., USA - Oct 2024 (CCTV Video News Agency - No access Chinese mainland)
4. Various of White House
FILE: Washington D.C., USA - Date Unknown (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
5. Various of Capitol building; U.S. national flag
FILE: Washington D.C., USA - Oct 2024 (CCTV Video News Agency - No access Chinese mainland)
6. Traffic on street
Maiquetia, Venezuela - Nov 24, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
7. Simon Bolivar International Airport
8. Various of screen showing flight information, airport staff at turnstile
9. Various of passengers with luggage at airport
FILE: Caracas, Venezuela - Date Unknown (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
10. Various of national flag of Venezuela
11. Various of traffic on road
Caracas, Venezuela - Nov 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
12. Various of national flag of Venezuela, traffic
FILE: Venezuela - Date Unknown (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
13. Various of city view, traffic
14. Aerial shots of cityscape
The Venezuelan government on Saturday denounced the U.S. threat that "seeks to affect the sovereignty of its airspace," calling it "another extravagant, illegal and unjustified aggression against the Venezuelan people."
In an official statement, Caracas rejected Washington's attempt to apply extraterritorial jurisdiction to Venezuela, saying the U.S. move threatens Venezuela's national sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Amid heightening tensions between the two countries, U.S. President Donald Trump said earlier on Saturday that the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela should be considered closed "in its entirety."
"To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY," Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social without elaboration.
The statement called Trump's remarks a hostile, unilateral, and arbitrary act, incompatible with the most basic principles of international law.
The U.S. move amounts to an explicit threat of the use of force, prohibited under the UN Charter, the statement said.
Under the 1944 Chicago Convention, each state exercises exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above its territory, the statement said, stressing Venezuela will not accept "orders, threats or interference" from any foreign power.
The statement appealed to the international community to firmly reject the "immoral act of aggression," adding that Venezuela will respond with legality and dignity.
On the same day, Venezuela's Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez strongly condemned the latest threat from the U.S. government on social media, calling it an illegal and arbitrary act of aggression that violates international law and seeks to infringe upon the absolute sovereignty of Venezuelan airspace.
He said that no foreign power has the right to interfere in, block, or impose conditions on the country's sovereign decisions, stressing that Venezuela will defend its sovereignty at all costs.
He also called on the international community to condemn the act, warning that it threatens peace and stability in Latin America and the Caribbean region.
Venezuela's largest airport, Simón Bolívar International Airport, continued normal operations on Saturday following Trump's remarks.
Airline schedules also indicate that La Chinita International Airport in Zulia state, western Venezuela, maintained regular flight operations.
USA/Venezuela-Airspace
Dateline : Nov 30/29/24, 2025/File
Location : United States;Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of
Duration : 1'36
Beijing, China - Nov 30, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Screenshot of U.S. President Donald Trump's social media post declaring Venezuela's airspace to be entirely closed
2. Screenshot of statement by Venezuela's Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Trump's statements
3. Screenshot of social media post of Venezuela's Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez denouncing Trump's remarks
FILE: Washington D.C., USA - Oct 2024 (CCTV Video News Agency - No access Chinese mainland)
4. Various of White House
FILE: Washington D.C., USA - Date Unknown (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
5. Various of Capitol building; U.S. national flag
FILE: Washington D.C., USA - Oct 2024 (CCTV Video News Agency - No access Chinese mainland)
6. Traffic on street
Maiquetia, Venezuela - Nov 24, 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
7. Simon Bolivar International Airport
8. Various of screen showing flight information, airport staff at turnstile
9. Various of passengers with luggage at airport
FILE: Caracas, Venezuela - Date Unknown (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
10. Various of national flag of Venezuela
11. Various of traffic on road
Caracas, Venezuela - Nov 2025 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
12. Various of national flag of Venezuela, traffic
FILE: Venezuela - Date Unknown (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
13. Various of city view, traffic
14. Aerial shots of cityscape
The Venezuelan government on Saturday denounced the U.S. threat that "seeks to affect the sovereignty of its airspace," calling it "another extravagant, illegal and unjustified aggression against the Venezuelan people."
In an official statement, Caracas rejected Washington's attempt to apply extraterritorial jurisdiction to Venezuela, saying the U.S. move threatens Venezuela's national sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Amid heightening tensions between the two countries, U.S. President Donald Trump said earlier on Saturday that the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela should be considered closed "in its entirety."
"To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY," Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social without elaboration.
The statement called Trump's remarks a hostile, unilateral, and arbitrary act, incompatible with the most basic principles of international law.
The U.S. move amounts to an explicit threat of the use of force, prohibited under the UN Charter, the statement said.
Under the 1944 Chicago Convention, each state exercises exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above its territory, the statement said, stressing Venezuela will not accept "orders, threats or interference" from any foreign power.
The statement appealed to the international community to firmly reject the "immoral act of aggression," adding that Venezuela will respond with legality and dignity.
On the same day, Venezuela's Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez strongly condemned the latest threat from the U.S. government on social media, calling it an illegal and arbitrary act of aggression that violates international law and seeks to infringe upon the absolute sovereignty of Venezuelan airspace.
He said that no foreign power has the right to interfere in, block, or impose conditions on the country's sovereign decisions, stressing that Venezuela will defend its sovereignty at all costs.
He also called on the international community to condemn the act, warning that it threatens peace and stability in Latin America and the Caribbean region.
Venezuela's largest airport, Simón Bolívar International Airport, continued normal operations on Saturday following Trump's remarks.
Airline schedules also indicate that La Chinita International Airport in Zulia state, western Venezuela, maintained regular flight operations.
ID : 8455359
Published : 2025-11-30 09:21
Last Modified : 2025-11-30 11:46:10
Source : CCTV Video News Agency,China Central Television (CCTV)
Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
More