China-Hong Kong Building Fire/Mourning

Hong Kong mourns victims of deadly apartment fire

  • English
  • العربية
  • Español

Shotlist


Hong Kong, China - Nov 29, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of Hong Kong residents laying flowers to mourn victims of building fire
2. Woman sobbing
3. Various of Hong Kong residents laying flowers to mourn victims of building fire
4. SOUNDBITE (Chinese) Hong Kong resident (name not given):
"I feel deeply distressed by this tragedy, which is why I came here to offer flowers and pray for the deceased and the injured. I hope those that have died may rest in peace, and the victims and their families can find strength to overcome this difficult time."
5. SOUNDBITE (Chinese) Hong Kong resident (name not given):
"I came here with a heavy heart, and pay my respects while commemorating the victims."
6. SOUNDBITE (Chinese) Hong Kong resident (name not given):
"I offered three bows to pay my respects. I hope the survivors can soon return to their normal lives and work, and recover psychologically."
7. Various of Hong Kong residents signing condolence books
8. Various of national flag of China, flag of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) flown at half-mast

Storyline


An outpouring of grief swept the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) on Saturday as the city started an official three-day mourning period, with thousands paying their respects and offering flowers for the victims of a deadly apartment fire that broke out on Wednesday.

The blaze that engulfed the residential complex Wang Fuk Court in Tai Po has claimed 146 lives and left 100 others unaccounted for as of 16:00 local time Sunday, the Hong Kong police said.

According to the HKSAR government, national flags and the HKSAR flags displayed at all government buildings and facilities were flown at half-mast from Saturday to Monday. During the period, government officials will not attend non-essential public activities.

All entertainment and celebration activities organized or funded by the government were canceled or postponed as appropriate. The HKSAR government has set up condolence points in all 18 districts of the city, enabling the public to sign condolence books and mourn the victims.

"I feel deeply distressed by this tragedy, which is why I came here to offer flowers and pray for the deceased and the injured. I hope those that have died may rest in peace, and the victims and their families can find strength to overcome this difficult time," said a local resident.

"I came here with a heavy heart, and pay my respects while commemorating the victims," said another mourner.

"I offered three bows to pay my respects. I hope the survivors can soon return to their normal lives and work, and recover psychologically," said a third mourner.

The burned residential complex had been undergoing renovation since last July and was enveloped in bamboo scaffolding and safety netting.

Officials said the fire first began at the netting around the lower floors of Wang Cheong house before spreading, but the cause of the fire is still being investigated.

Currently, a total of 11 people have been arrested, including two directors and a consultant from a construction firm who were arrested for alleged manslaughter and on suspicion that construction materials around the building did not meet fire safety standards.

And the other eight suspects were arrested by Hong Kong's anti-corruption body, and they include consultants, scaffolding subcontractors and middlemen for the property's renovation project.

DOWNLOAD
  • ID : 8455433
  • Dateline : Nov 29, 2025
  • Location : China
  • Category : Other
  • Duration : 2'12
  • Audio Language : Chinese/Nats
  • Source : China Global Television Network (CGTN)
  • Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
  • Published : 2025-11-30 17:45
  • Last Modified : 2025-11-30 21:13:37
  • Version : 1
  • ID : 8455433
  • Dateline : 29 نوفمبر 2025
  • Location : الصين
  • Category : Other
  • Duration : 2'12
  • Audio Language : الصينية/الصوت الطبيعي
  • Source : China Central Television (CCTV)
  • Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
  • Published : 2025-11-30 20:54
  • Last Modified : 2025-11-30 21:13:37
  • Version : 1
  • ID : 8455433
  • Dateline : 29 nov. 2025
  • Location : China
  • Category : Other
  • Duration : 2'12
  • Audio Language : Chino/Nats
  • Source : China Central Television (CCTV)
  • Restrictions : No acceso a la parte continental de China
  • Published : 2025-11-30 21:08
  • Last Modified : 2025-11-30 21:13:37
  • Version : 1

China-Hong Kong Building Fire/Mourning

Hong Kong mourns victims of deadly apartment fire

Dateline : Nov 29, 2025

Location : China

Duration : 2'12

  • English
  • العربية
  • Español


Hong Kong, China - Nov 29, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of Hong Kong residents laying flowers to mourn victims of building fire
2. Woman sobbing
3. Various of Hong Kong residents laying flowers to mourn victims of building fire
4. SOUNDBITE (Chinese) Hong Kong resident (name not given):
"I feel deeply distressed by this tragedy, which is why I came here to offer flowers and pray for the deceased and the injured. I hope those that have died may rest in peace, and the victims and their families can find strength to overcome this difficult time."
5. SOUNDBITE (Chinese) Hong Kong resident (name not given):
"I came here with a heavy heart, and pay my respects while commemorating the victims."
6. SOUNDBITE (Chinese) Hong Kong resident (name not given):
"I offered three bows to pay my respects. I hope the survivors can soon return to their normal lives and work, and recover psychologically."
7. Various of Hong Kong residents signing condolence books
8. Various of national flag of China, flag of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) flown at half-mast


An outpouring of grief swept the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) on Saturday as the city started an official three-day mourning period, with thousands paying their respects and offering flowers for the victims of a deadly apartment fire that broke out on Wednesday.

The blaze that engulfed the residential complex Wang Fuk Court in Tai Po has claimed 146 lives and left 100 others unaccounted for as of 16:00 local time Sunday, the Hong Kong police said.

According to the HKSAR government, national flags and the HKSAR flags displayed at all government buildings and facilities were flown at half-mast from Saturday to Monday. During the period, government officials will not attend non-essential public activities.

All entertainment and celebration activities organized or funded by the government were canceled or postponed as appropriate. The HKSAR government has set up condolence points in all 18 districts of the city, enabling the public to sign condolence books and mourn the victims.

"I feel deeply distressed by this tragedy, which is why I came here to offer flowers and pray for the deceased and the injured. I hope those that have died may rest in peace, and the victims and their families can find strength to overcome this difficult time," said a local resident.

"I came here with a heavy heart, and pay my respects while commemorating the victims," said another mourner.

"I offered three bows to pay my respects. I hope the survivors can soon return to their normal lives and work, and recover psychologically," said a third mourner.

The burned residential complex had been undergoing renovation since last July and was enveloped in bamboo scaffolding and safety netting.

Officials said the fire first began at the netting around the lower floors of Wang Cheong house before spreading, but the cause of the fire is still being investigated.

Currently, a total of 11 people have been arrested, including two directors and a consultant from a construction firm who were arrested for alleged manslaughter and on suspicion that construction materials around the building did not meet fire safety standards.

And the other eight suspects were arrested by Hong Kong's anti-corruption body, and they include consultants, scaffolding subcontractors and middlemen for the property's renovation project.

ID : 8455433

Published : 2025-11-30 17:45

Last Modified : 2025-11-30 21:13:37

Source : China Global Television Network (CGTN)

Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland

More



Login
Username
Password
code
Sign In
OK