Ukraine-US Peace Plan/Reax
Kiev, Ukraine - Nov 29, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of vehicle driving past bus stop, storefront; traffic
2. SOUNDBITE (Ukrainian) Resident (name not given/starting with shot 1):
"On TV I heard that the 28-point plan was reduced to 22 or 19 points. This happened to us. Our relationship with Russia has become so antagonistic that it's unlikely that Putin will go for peace."
3. Pedestrians
4. SOUNDBITE (Ukrainian) Resident (name not given/partially overlaid with shots 5-6):
"In my opinion, this plan does not suit the country at all. The main thing is the reduction of the armed forces of Ukraine. Well, we reduced our troops, and Russians might attack again after some time. At the very least, all countries should sign an agreement that in the event of a repeated attack, everyone will send in their troops and start repelling the enemy's attack because we already do not have enough people to fight. Moreover, I think we cannot withstand a second attack."
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
5. Vehicles
6. Pedestrians
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
7. Pedestrians, traffic
8. SOUNDBITE (Ukrainian) Resident (name not given):
"I heard the news that this is not a peace plan from Trump, but rather [Putin's special envoy] Kirill Dmitriev presented this plan on behalf of the Russian Federation. Well, Russia does not intend to implement it; they don't need it."
9. Traffic
10. SOUNDBITE (Ukrainian) Resident (name not given/partially overlaid with shot 11):
"I believe that we need to fight till the end to ensure that these plans are favorable for Ukraine, not just for Trump and Russia. They are in unison. I see how many deaths there are; it is all a terrible judgment."
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
11. Traffic
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
12. Traffic
Ukrainians have expressed skepticism about Russia's willingness to pursue peace, emphasizing that any final agreement on the Ukraine crisis must also serve their country's interests.
The U.S.-proposed 28-point "peace plan" was unveiled last week. Following its release, representatives from the United States, Ukraine and several European countries met in Geneva on Nov 23 to discuss the plan. Through discussions, the revised plan has been cut down to 19 points but not been made public, marking the latest shift in the ongoing diplomatic push to end the four-year-old war.
In the hope of finalizing the draft plan, U.S. President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he has directed his special envoy Steve Witkoff to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow, while Army Secretary Daniel Driscoll is expected to meet Ukrainian officials in the coming days.
As U.S. media reported, the initial "peace plan" required Ukraine to give up territory, curb its military and abandon its efforts to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), with Russia offering a promise to cease future attacks. This has raised concerns among the Ukrainian public, who suspect that the plan may have been presented by Russia.
"On TV I heard that the 28-point plan was reduced to 22 or 19 points. This happened to us. Our relationship with Russia has become so antagonistic that it's unlikely that Putin will go for peace," said an elderly man in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine.
"In my opinion, this plan does not suit the country at all. The main thing is the reduction of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Well, we reduced our troops, and Russians might attack again after some time. At the very least, all countries should sign an agreement that in the event of a repeated attack, everyone will send in their troops and start repelling the enemy's attack because we already do not have enough people to fight. Moreover, I think we cannot withstand a second attack," said a young man in the capital.
"I heard the news that this is not a peace plan from Trump, but rather [Putin's special envoy] Kirill Dmitriev presented this plan on behalf of the Russian Federation. Well, Russia does not intend to implement it; they don't need it," said another young man.
Ukrainians also called for continued resistance until fair conditions can be met.
"I believe that we need to fight till the end to ensure that these plans are favorable for Ukraine, not just for Trump and Russia. They are in unison. I see how many deaths there are; it is all a terrible judgment," said a woman in Kiev.
Ukraine-US Peace Plan/Reax
Dateline : Nov 29, 2025
Location : Ukraine
Duration : 1'29
Kiev, Ukraine - Nov 29, 2025 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Various of vehicle driving past bus stop, storefront; traffic
2. SOUNDBITE (Ukrainian) Resident (name not given/starting with shot 1):
"On TV I heard that the 28-point plan was reduced to 22 or 19 points. This happened to us. Our relationship with Russia has become so antagonistic that it's unlikely that Putin will go for peace."
3. Pedestrians
4. SOUNDBITE (Ukrainian) Resident (name not given/partially overlaid with shots 5-6):
"In my opinion, this plan does not suit the country at all. The main thing is the reduction of the armed forces of Ukraine. Well, we reduced our troops, and Russians might attack again after some time. At the very least, all countries should sign an agreement that in the event of a repeated attack, everyone will send in their troops and start repelling the enemy's attack because we already do not have enough people to fight. Moreover, I think we cannot withstand a second attack."
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
5. Vehicles
6. Pedestrians
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
7. Pedestrians, traffic
8. SOUNDBITE (Ukrainian) Resident (name not given):
"I heard the news that this is not a peace plan from Trump, but rather [Putin's special envoy] Kirill Dmitriev presented this plan on behalf of the Russian Federation. Well, Russia does not intend to implement it; they don't need it."
9. Traffic
10. SOUNDBITE (Ukrainian) Resident (name not given/partially overlaid with shot 11):
"I believe that we need to fight till the end to ensure that these plans are favorable for Ukraine, not just for Trump and Russia. They are in unison. I see how many deaths there are; it is all a terrible judgment."
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
11. Traffic
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
12. Traffic
Ukrainians have expressed skepticism about Russia's willingness to pursue peace, emphasizing that any final agreement on the Ukraine crisis must also serve their country's interests.
The U.S.-proposed 28-point "peace plan" was unveiled last week. Following its release, representatives from the United States, Ukraine and several European countries met in Geneva on Nov 23 to discuss the plan. Through discussions, the revised plan has been cut down to 19 points but not been made public, marking the latest shift in the ongoing diplomatic push to end the four-year-old war.
In the hope of finalizing the draft plan, U.S. President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he has directed his special envoy Steve Witkoff to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow, while Army Secretary Daniel Driscoll is expected to meet Ukrainian officials in the coming days.
As U.S. media reported, the initial "peace plan" required Ukraine to give up territory, curb its military and abandon its efforts to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), with Russia offering a promise to cease future attacks. This has raised concerns among the Ukrainian public, who suspect that the plan may have been presented by Russia.
"On TV I heard that the 28-point plan was reduced to 22 or 19 points. This happened to us. Our relationship with Russia has become so antagonistic that it's unlikely that Putin will go for peace," said an elderly man in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine.
"In my opinion, this plan does not suit the country at all. The main thing is the reduction of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Well, we reduced our troops, and Russians might attack again after some time. At the very least, all countries should sign an agreement that in the event of a repeated attack, everyone will send in their troops and start repelling the enemy's attack because we already do not have enough people to fight. Moreover, I think we cannot withstand a second attack," said a young man in the capital.
"I heard the news that this is not a peace plan from Trump, but rather [Putin's special envoy] Kirill Dmitriev presented this plan on behalf of the Russian Federation. Well, Russia does not intend to implement it; they don't need it," said another young man.
Ukrainians also called for continued resistance until fair conditions can be met.
"I believe that we need to fight till the end to ensure that these plans are favorable for Ukraine, not just for Trump and Russia. They are in unison. I see how many deaths there are; it is all a terrible judgment," said a woman in Kiev.
ID : 8455436
Published : 2025-11-30 17:54
Last Modified : 2025-11-30 22:14:18
Source : China Global Television Network (CGTN)
Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
More