Indonesia-Earthquake/Injured/Treatment

Care for injured underway following deadly earthquake in Indonesia

  • English
DOWNLOAD
  • ID : 8494806
  • Dateline : Aug 16-17, 2026
  • Location : Indonesia
  • Category : Other
  • Duration : 1'03
  • Audio Language : Indonesian/Nats/Part Mute
  • Source : China Central Television (CCTV)
  • Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
  • Published : 2026-08-17 22:31
  • Last Modified : 2026-08-17 23:39:31
  • Version : 3

Indonesia-Earthquake/Injured/Treatment

Care for injured underway following deadly earthquake in Indonesia

Dateline : Aug 16-17, 2026

Location : Indonesia

Duration : 1'03

  • English


East Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia - Aug 16-17, 2026 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Ambulance running
2. Various of medical workers, injured people in tents, by ambulance
3. Ambulance running
4. Various of medical workers working, caring for injured people
5. SOUNDBITE (Indonesian) Benjamin Paulus Octavianus, Indonesian Vice Health Minister (partially overlaid with shots 6-7):
"Even in situations like this, medical workers continue to follow the standard of care. Patients are not treated in buildings, but in tents and the corridors, including those who are critically ill. I have the utmost respect for these medical workers. We will provide assistance according to local needs, ensuring that all support is targeted and effective. Whatever is needed, we will send it over as quickly as possible."
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
6. Exterior of emergency unit
7. Patient on stretcher
++SHOTS OVERLAYING SOUNDBITE++
8. Medical workers, injured people


Medics have rushed to provide treatment for the injured in Indonesia's East Nusa Tenggara province following a 7.7-magnitude earthquake on Saturday, which has so far killed 68 people and left 213 others injured.

The province activated a 14-day emergency response on Sunday. The Health Ministry of Indonesia has deployed medical and crisis management teams to support health services in quake-hit areas.

During a visit to a local hospital, Indonesian Vice Health Minister Benjamin Paulus Octavianus praised the commitment of medical workers and said the Indonesian government will allocate disaster-relief resources according to the specific needs of the affected areas.

"Even in situations like this, medical workers continue to follow the standard of care. Patients are not treated in buildings, but in tents and the corridors, including those who are critically ill. I have the utmost respect for these medical workers. We will provide assistance according to local needs, ensuring that all support is targeted and effective. Whatever is needed, we will send it over as quickly as possible," he said.

ID : 8494806

Published : 2026-08-17 22:31

Last Modified : 2026-08-17 23:39:31

Source : China Central Television (CCTV)

Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland

More



Login
Username
Password
code
Sign In
OK