Cuba-US Indictment/Denouncement
Cuba-US Indictment/Denouncement
Dateline : May 21, 2026/File
Location : Cuba;United States
Duration : 1'01
Beijing, China - May 21, 2026 (CCTV Video News Agency - No access Chinese mainland)
1. Screenshot of social media post of Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel
FILE: Havana, Cuba - March 3, 2018 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
2. Various of Cuban National Capitol building, national flag
FILE: Havana, Cuba - Jan 3, 2026 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
3. Various of national flag of Cuba
FILE: Havana, Cuba - 2019 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
4. Port with Cuban national flags
FILE: Cuba - April 2026 (CGTN - No access Chinese mainland)
5. Various of building, sign reading "Cuba"
Beijing, China - May 21, 2026 (CCTV Video News Agency - No access Chinese mainland)
6. Screenshot of social media post of U.S. Southern Command
FILE: Washington D.C., USA - May 12, 2020 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
7. Various of White House
FILE: Washington D.C., USA - March 14, 2020 (CCTV - No access Chinese mainland)
8. Capitol Hill
9. Various of Capitol building, U.S. national flag
U.S. government's charges against Cuban Revolution leader Raul Castro are a "political maneuver" with no legal basis whatsoever, Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel said Wednesday.
Diaz-Canel said on X that the charges "only reveal the arrogance and frustration of the empire's representatives in the face of the unwavering resolve of the Cuban Revolution and the unity and moral strength of its leadership."
Earlier on Wednesday, a grand jury from the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida indicted Raul Castro for his alleged role in ordering the striking down of two planes operated by a Cuban exile group in the United States named "Brothers to the Rescue" in 1996.
This move is seen as the latest in a series of ongoing U.S. efforts to ramp up pressure on Cuba.
Diaz-Canel said the indictment is intended "solely to enlarge the file they are fabricating to justify the folly of a military aggression against Cuba."
Also on Wednesday, the U.S. Southern Command announced via social media that the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group had entered the Caribbean Sea, accompanied by the destroyer USS Gridley and the supply ship USNS Patuxent.
The timing of the announcement coincided with heightened U.S. pressure on Cuba. Public opinion suggests that the deployment of the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group to the Caribbean is also part of Washington's broader pressure campaign against Cuba.
The United States has long imposed economic and financial embargoes as well as trade sanctions on Cuba.
After launching a large-scale military strike against Venezuela earlier this year, the U.S. further escalated its pressure on Cuba.
There are also interpretations that the indictment of Raul Castro is an election tactic by U.S. Republicans to win over certain voters in Florida ahead of this year's midterm elections.
ID : 8480404
Published : 2026-05-21 09:49
Last Modified : 2026-05-21 19:14:55
Source : CCTV Video News Agency,China Central Television (CCTV),China Global Television Network (CGTN)
Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
More